Planning your wedding can be fun, exciting and overwhelming at the same time. No matter the guest list, certain arrangements need equal attention, such as venue, catering and décor. For the floral arrangements, you definitely need a florist that specializes in weddings, but how do you select one? In this post, we are sharing tips on finding a known Denver florist.
- Check for reviews, and ask around. Make sure to contact your married friends and family members for florists they have worked with. Or else, simply check on Google. Make sure that the florist is popular in Denver and extended areas, and they should have great & positive reviews. You can also call up a florist, discuss your needs, and ask for references.
- When it comes to weddings, typically everything is customized to suit the needs of the client. However, you can expect to pay specifically for certain things, like bouquets for brides and bridesmaids, corsages and center pieces. Make sure that you get a final estimate before you book them.
- Ask the fee. Besides the cost of flowers and required accessories, most florists will charge you for design and setup. If you have a theme or idea in mind, you can show the same and get a more specific quote. Make sure that the fee is transparent and suits your budget.
- Discussing your requirements. Ideally, you should be hiring a florist after you have booked the venue. Keep in mind that many wedding venues in Denver insist that clients should select a vendor from their list, which isn’t the ideal option. Have a say in selecting your florist, and ensure that your requirements are clear.
- Take it further. A day or two before the big day, you may want to call your florist and ask them about the arrangements. It is absolutely wise to call up for checks, but don’t micro-manage things. A professional florist knows their job, so unless they have messed up, don’t bother.
Finally, have a clear contract. What happens if the arrangements are not what was promised? Or how much of the money should be paid in advance? Is the florist reliable and insured? What are the terms and conditions of their services? These are some questions that will be answered easily when you have a contract in place. Meet the florist in person before you book them for your big event.